Your rental property investments will achieve more ROI if you partner with in-the-know pros.
When you have a rental vacancy and need to fill it quickly, the best solution is a property management company. They are experts at marketing and showing properties, but their expertise goes far beyond that. A quality property management company such as Cousin James Management will ensure finding and keeping the best tenants, while maintaining a good ongoing relationship with them.
One of the primary responsibilities of a property manager includes all tenant-related issues including finding and screening applicants, communicating and enforcing lease terms, managing complaints, dealing with bad tenants and proper handling of tenant funds.
Securing a partnership with Cousin James Management prevents vacancies that can bleed your time and resources without a solid ROI. Your rental property investment business will thrive with collaboration from the experts.
You’ll feel confident knowing that all tenant applications are intensely screened, eliminating any issues down the road. Managing complaints can be a tiresome job without a property manager at the helm. Middle of the night wake-up calls can be avoided and streamlined rental collection is managed and reported at regular intervals.
With Cousin James Management as your property management partner, you will benefit from numerous services. Here are 10 important things we take seriously in keeping your rental property at its best:
1. Clean and Tidy. A clean, well-kept dwelling is a place where people will want to live. If the common areas of your rental property are in disarray, it will give people a bad impression.
2. Timely Repairs. One of the most common reasons for vacancy is infrequent or nonexistent repairs. We invest the time and the money that is necessary to keep your rental property in top condition.
3. Appealing Exterior. In addition to keeping your rental dwellings clean, we will suggest frequently painting. Landscaping is also key in attracting and keeping new tenants. We make your rental property as inviting as possible.
4. Local Rent Prices. Cousin James Management keeps track of the market rental prices, so you will always know what the best rental rates should be.
5. Exemplary Existing Tenants. The best way to keep a tenant happy is to not raise the rent. Although you may need to increase rent over time, try to avoid this for as long as you can. This will encourage your best tenants to stick with you and decrease the number of people leaving to find a better deal.
6. Added Amenities. Sometimes providing amenities such as washer-dryers, updated appliances, garbage disposals, and the like is a fine incentive for renters to stay.
7. Paid Utilities. Even a bill as small as $25 a month can seem like a lot to someone who needs to find a cheaper place to live. Offering paid heat or water can be a great way for property owners to attract new tenants and retain their existing ones.
8. Incentives. Offering an incentive to stay is a way to get tenants to sign another six-month lease. Or perhaps offer them a reduction in one month’s rent. You can also try offering free gifts with a new rental, such as household appliances.
9. Know the Neighborhood. If your rental property is not in the best part of town, we suggest that you add a security system so that your tenants feel safer. Not only will this help keep your tenants safe, but it will also let them know that you care about their safety and well-being.
10. Get Acquainted with Your Tenants. Being a friend with your tenants is strongly recommended. It is a lot harder to leave a friend’s house than it is to leave a rental dwelling run by someone you don’t know — or don’t like. Take the time to learn more about your tenants and do your best to make them feel at home. As your property manager, we will do the same, ensuring your tenants feel comfortable when our contractors come into their home.
Vacancies will become the least of your worries when you partner with Cousin James Management. We strive to keep your current tenants happy as well as attract quality, new tenants when you need them. Get in touch with Cousin James Management today and we will answer any questions you may have about property management or retail estate investing. If you’re unsure what to look for in a top-tier property management company, download our complimentary checklist, How to Select the Best Property Management Company.