Whether you’re buying a home as a rental property investment or a new place to live, you’ll find the best deals in Texas during springtime.
When it comes to shopping for rewarding property investments, Texas offers great opportunities — and during the Spring, the options are even better. From March through June, home buying in Texas sees lots of activity.
Several reasons make this time of year a plus for home buying. There’s a higher inventory of homes, tax refunds, the school year is winding down, and investors are looking for rewarding investments.
A higher inventory of homes on the market in Texas gives home buyers more options, but the springtime also means more competition. Growth in Texas is very high, so there is an equally high demand for housing. A booming economy drives up the home values along with rent prices. The growing market is an added boon in helping you build equity in your investment more quickly.
There is a rising property value trend across the state of Texas, but it’s important to understand the local market where you’re looking to buy. A property management expert can give you guidance in your local market and advise you on what a competitive offer looks like and what the trends are in the area.
Have a game plan for house hunting, including knowing the size, layout, and design preferences you want. Remember to consider the location and all of the features that come with the home relative to where it is. If you’re investing as a rental property, consider things like proximity to public transit, shopping centers, schools, and parks.
Be prepared to make an offer when you find something that catches your eye. The competition can be fierce and the really quality real estate goes fast.
Investing in Texas Real Estate
In the last ten years, the population in Texas has grown by 3.5 million; a million more than either Florida or California. That translates into some major real estate investment
Houston, Dallas, and Austin are much the same from an investor’s point of view. Economic growth is good and demand for housing remains constant with home prices rising by 7 percent this past year.
A good rule of thumb is to buy properties you can rent out at 20 percent more than the average rent. Above that level will decrease the number of interested renters
If you have a property you want to buy, sell, or lease, Cousin James Management
can help you move quickly to make it happen. Our experienced team includes seasoned professionals who understand the details of real estate and property management.
Here are some of the advantages of working with Cousin James Management:
- We are part of the Dallas – Fort Worth Multiple Listing Service Marketing
- Matthew Hartmann is a licensed realtor with 22+ years of experience leasing, selling, or buying real estate. He knows the ins and outs and makes decision making easier.
- We use Texas Association of Realtors standard promulgated forms, leases, and contracts, covering all the requirements set forth by the state.
- Your property is marketed on multiple websites, through the MLS, where thousands of prospective tenants go to find their next rental home.
- Our high-quality photos show your property in the best light to attract potential tenants.
- We provide detailed screening of prospective tenants to ensure the most qualified tenant for your property, allowing tenant retention for longer periods of time and lease extensions.
If you’re interested in investing in a rental property, let us help you locate and purchase a rental property suited to your taste and budget. We’ve been helping people for more than 25 years, so we can answer almost any question you have about investment properties and/or property management. Get in touch. We’re here to help.