Who are millennials? Anyone born between 1981 and 1996 is the generation referred to as millennials. Of course, there’s no science to labeling a generation, but there are certain tendencies and values that set millennials off from other generations.
If you’re a property owner seeking high quality tenants for your rentals, consider some of the things that signal millennial tenants as a good choice.
These 20-somethings care about values and goals such as some of the following:
- Meaningful work (more than just a job)
- Education (as it applies to the real world)
- Experiences (learning by doing and doing what they enjoy)
- Real friends (authentic, connected people who care)
- Accomplishments (achieving is important)
- Personal growth (always on the lookout for improvement)
- Staying connected (socially aware and relevant)
- Diversity (no lines drawn and no biases)
- Equality (balance and fairness for all)
- Work-life balance (time and energy for both)
- Economy (working toward making it better)
Millennials are an impressive generation and unlike some people may claim, they are hard workers. Because they value new experiences, and appreciate differences, they know how to collaborate on different levels.
When it comes to where they prefer to live, millennial tenants tend to look for some of these features in their home environment.
- A location that has access to fun and unique experiences
- Areas that provide chances to socialize with other young professionals
- Nearby access to nature trails and parks, as well as shops and shopping venues
- Locations convenient for walking or cycling to their destination
- Safety within the neighborhood and the rental unit
- Affordability without giving up all the above
Overall, millennial tenants have the characteristics owners of rental property value highly. If you’re a property owner having difficulty finding quality millennial tenants, contact Cousin James Management and let us find them for you. Our professional background service and detailed application process has been refined over many years. This enables us to find you quality tenants who value the property.