Whether your property investments are residential or commercial, your priority is to find tenants worthy of your trust. Because property investment is such a collaborative effort, it is just as important for your tenants to be reliable as it is for you to be as a landlord.
Probably the most important first step is screening tenant applicants. This can be a complex process and it must be done correctly. All too often property owners don’t have the time to adequately go through the screening process. That’s why working with a reputable company like Cousin James Management is such a benefit.
- We go the extra mile in professional tenant screening with nationwide credit checks to ensure a quality payment history.
- Next is a background and criminal history review to see if there is any evidence of property destruction or mistreatment.
- Checking with current and previous landlords reveals how a tenant maintained the property. Leaving a former property in good condition is a plus for any tenant.
- Reference check are important because how other people view your prospective tenant can be very telling. It also reduces the risk of getting stuck with a long-term vacancy or worse.
- Verifying an applicant’s employment ensures they are financially responsible and able to meet the rental rate of the property. This is a vital step in professional tenant screening.
When you see the level of detail we put into our process, it supports the smart decision to let a professional property manager go to work for you. Over the years, commercial and residential property owners alike have taken advantage of our impressive due diligence.
Let us help you find the perfect tenants for your investment property. It’s an easy decision to a complex process. Contact us today.